Friday, January 30, 2009

Are You Prepared?

As a waterpark operator you probably have a lot to think about. As a journalist reporting on the industry, I know that I do. These days you're probably wrapped up with financial issues and trying to do whatever it takes to keep things going. But you might want to take a few minutes to consider something equally important: Emergency preparedness.

There are now new U.S. regulations regarding rail cargo thanks to a major 2005 chlorine disaster. The regulations don't directly affect waterpark resort operators and you may not even use chlorine gas, but reading this article was a good reminder to me that even in tough and busy times, emergency preparedness isn't something to let fall by the wayside.

I thought about the same thing in my own life when buying a condo recently. With everything else that there is to do when it comes to purchasing a home, one of my first priorities was a solid alarm system.

When it comes down to it, I guess it's like the old saying goes ... Better safe than sorry!

No comments: